Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Guitar Classes

Yay! Am so excited..... I finally started with my Guitar classes. Am still struggling to identify where do I catch the F note on the Top String from.... but thats okay, we will get there slowly.Thank you shourya. He is my teacher. You have to struggle to find his compilations, but I suggest you badger him for it because they are worth it. And my Dad is about as excited about guitar classes as I am. He is, as I speak, rounding off his colleagues to hear me play the guitar. I bet they all have been promised free drives in his spanking new car for that. Daddy - not a good idea. The best I can do till now is a distorted version of Smoke on the Water and Deep Purple would go scrambling down to their graves if they heard me play that!

Apart from that, am looking forward to my long deserved family vacation. We have not taken one for 4 whole years!! To make up for it we plan to vacation along the coast lines of Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore this year round.

The eastern Malayan coast is littered with tiny islands - big enough for maybe one mountain, a dozen fresh water streams which wind their way through the dense forests, a handfull of people and vast expanses of clear blue water. Tioman island perfects this to the very detail. Its an hour's scoot across the ocean from Dad's place. You could be daring and get a speed boat for yourself, but small adventures drill some sense inside you. Yeah, we gonna stick to the local ferry this time. But everything else still remains on the list - snorkelling, deep sea dives, swimming with giant sea turtles at their marine park, forest treks along cool mountain streams, walking across the perimeter of the island in a single day and frog legs (have been promised they taste as delicious as yuck! as they sound). In other words do stuff that God really, really send you to earth for!! He never wanted us to work on some brain crunching milestones.. did he?? I keep telling you, we just complicate things for ourselves!!

Friday, please come sooner!

No comments: