Wednesday, March 7, 2007

House on the Rock!

I redeemed myself at ice - skating. Smug face! The guys who were flying past me on the ski slope followed me at a snail's pace, and with quite a few falls, on the skating floor. But yeah, I do need to learn to balance better. Met a professional skater on the ice gliding as if in a fairy tale!
On Sunday our whole group rambled to quite an eclectic place - House on the Rocks. Nestled inbetween a snowy forest the place was a perfect adventure house. You reach the entrance by driving through a narrow pathway adorned with huge pots and fairies and some gargoyles too. Makes you believe they roasted their less favourable guests in pots, froze the beautiful ones to fairies and the hated ones to gargoyles. The rooms inside were weird if I were to be moderate. My favourite one was Streets of Yesterdays. Check out the pic beside. I still can't believe that it was only a room.

My words will fall short to describe the place. Just go and visit the place next time you are in Wisconsin!

No comments: